- This event has passed.
ACT – Facilitating Excursions and Physical Activities
April 20, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am AEST$20.00
Excursions and Physical Activities play an important role in enhancing and supporting curriculum delivery and contribute to positive school culture.
This webinar will suit teachers, supervisors or education support officer interested in furthering their knowledge and understanding of the use of Excursions and Physical Activities as a pedagogy. It will combine facilitator presentation and group discussions.
Specifically, the outcomes of the webinar will include:
- Understand the ACT Education Directorate’s policy requirements for Excursions and Physical Activities
- Engage with these policies to ensure compliance and “best practice”
- Examine how policies can be implemented in schools to promote and support Excursions and Physical Activities
- Outline support available for schools
- Collaborate with peers on the use of Excursions and Physical Activities
- Network with other like-minded professionals.
Date: Wednesday 20 April 2022
Time: 10-11.30, plus optional extra 30 minutes discussion time
Format: Online – Teams meeting
Cost: Free for ACHPER Members Non-members: $20
Presenter: Dan McNamara
Dan lives and breathes the outdoors. A former ACT VET teacher of the year, he has been working in the Outdoor Education industry for 20 years. Dan has worked in wide variety of school and industry sectors and has significant experience of leading school excursions overseas. He is a Director on the Board of Outdoors NSW/ACT.
Dan taught Outdoor Education at UCSSC Lake Ginninderra for 7 years, leading caving trips to the Nullarbor Plains, Great Barrier Reef trips, Arapiles climbing trips, mountain biking from Mt Kosciuszko back to school and numerous local trips.
Dan is currently working in the ACT Education Directorate to support schools with Excursions and Physical Activities. He is involved in ranging work including running TQI accredited professional learning, updating procedures, risk management documentation, BSSS course writing and providing expert advice.