- This event has passed.
Aspiring Leaders in PDHPE
August 16, 2017 @ 8:30 am - 3:30 pm$268 - $363
A one day professional learning workshop targeting PDHPE classroom teachers who are aspiring to become a head of PDHPE. PDHPE teachers are encouraged to attend this workshop if:
- you have been teaching for 5 years or more
- you are enthusiastic about becoming a Head of PDHPE
The program will provide participants with opportunities to investigate issues such as:
- Reflection on leadership
- Characteristics of a good leader
- Career planning classroom teacher to department head
- Preparing for an interview
- Issues and challenges as Head of PDHPE
- Professional learning opportunities
Please note: We have changed the days from the Monday 8th August 2017 to Wednesday 16th August 2017
Professional Teaching Standards
6.1.2. Use the National Professional Standards for Teachers and advice from colleagues to identify and plan professional learning needs.
6.2.2. Participate in learning to update knowledge and practice, targeted to professional needs and school and/or system priorities.
7.2.2 Understand the implications of and comply with relevant legislative, administrative and organisational and professional requirements, polices and processes.