- This event has passed.
Effective Assessment Practices for the Aust Curriculum: HPE (ACT Teachers)
February 23 @ 8:30 am - 3:30 pm AEDT$286
This workshop will be presented by Janice Atkin, Professional Learning Officer for ACHPER NSW.
- Explore and review the current processes and challenges currently being experienced in regard to assessment.
- Develop participant understanding of the HPE structure to support effective teaching and assessing.
- Provide practical school-based strategies for quality assessment processes in HPE.
Overview of workshop sessions
- Current pictures of teaching and assessment practice in HPE
- Exploration of A-E within the context of the HPE curriculum
- Practical strategies for assessing in HPE
- Planning processes to support quality assessment and reporting in HPE.
TQI Professional Teaching Standards
- Develop, select and use informal and formal, diagnostic, formative and summative assessment strategies to assess student learning.
- Understand and participate in assessment moderation activities to support consistent and comparable judgements of student learning.
- Report clearly, accurately and respectfully to students and parents/carers about student achievement, making use of accurate and reliable records.
- Participate in learning to update knowledge and practice, targeted to professional needs and school and/or system priorities.
- Contribute to collegial discussions and apply constructive feedback from colleagues to improve professional knowledge and practice.
Completing Effective assessment practices for the Australian Curriculum: HPE on 23 February 2021 will contribute 5 hours of ACT Teacher Quality Institute Registered PD addressing standard descriptors from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in ACT.