- This event has passed.
Effective assessment practices for the K-10 PDHPE syllabus – Western NSW
June 4 @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pm$180 – $250
Venue: Canobolas Rural Technology High School
This workshop will support teachers to plan and implement effective and efficient assessment processes in their school context.
- Explore and review the current processes and challenges currently being experienced in regard to assessment.
- Develop participant understanding of the PDHPE structure to support effective teaching and assessing.
- Provide practical school-based strategies for quality assessment processes in PDHPE.
Overview of workshop sessions
- Current pictures of teaching and assessment practice in PDHPE
- Exploration of A-E within the context of the new PDHPE syllabus structure
- Quality assessment practices in PDHPE
- Practical strategies for assessing in PDHPE
- Planning processes to support quality assessment in PDHPE.
Professional Teaching Standards
5.1 Develop, select and use informal and formal, diagnostic, formative and summative assessment strategies to assess student learning.
5.3 Understand and participate in assessment moderation activities to support consistent and comparable judgements of student learning.
5.5 Report clearly, accurately and respectfully to students and parents/carers about student achievement, making use of accurate and reliable records.
6.2 Participate in learning to update knowledge and practice, targeted to professional needs and school and/or system priorities.
6.3 Contribute to collegial discussions and apply constructive feedback from colleagues to improve professional knowledge and practice.
Completing Effective assessment practices for the K-10 PDHPE syllabus on 4 June 2018 will contribute 5 hours of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Registered PD addressing standard descriptors from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.