- This event has passed.
Inclusive Practices in PDHPE
December 3, 2020 @ 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm AEDTFree
Join us for a free webinar to explore embedding inclusive practices in PDHPE. Sarah Humphreys from Inclusive Schools Australia will give you practical and proactive strategies to increase all students learning opportunities.
- Understand the rights of students with disability and why being included matters
- Investigate how Universal Design for Learning supports inclusion through intentional, proactive design of teaching, learning and assessment
- The rights of the child and why it matters
- Barriers experienced by learners with autism, physical disability, literacy difficulties
- Practical and proactive strategies to remove barriers, increase access to learning
- Changing your view on assessment practices.
Professional Teaching Standards
1.1.2 Use teaching strategies based on knowledge of students’ physical, social and intellectual development and characteristics to improve student learning.
1.5.2 Develop teaching activities that incorporate differentiated strategies to meet the specific learning needs of students across the full range of abilities.
1.6.2 Design and implement teaching activities that support the participation and learning of students with disability and address relevant policy and legislative requirements.