- This event has passed.
K-6 Physical Activity and Health Conference – Liverpool
June 27, 2018 @ 8:30 am - 3:30 pmFree
The K-6 Physical Activity and Health Conference will showcase a range of sessions including keynote presentations and workshops that are of importance to Health Education, Physical Education, Dance, and Sport educators as well as classroom teachers. The conference will be professionally stimulating, enjoyable and supportive of those who work in education and community settings.
This engaging conference offers best practice strategies and programs to effectively engage your students in Physical Activity and Health. You will learn the essentials for teaching physical activity/physical education and make connections with colleagues in this area.
Attending this one-day conference will help you:
• Understand physical activity essentials including classroom management, organisation and safety considerations;
• Provide strategies to incorporate numeracy and literacy through physical activity.
• Understand the importance of teaching basic fundamental movement skills and games;
• Implement assessment ideas;
• Develop a tool-kit of games and activities and the confidence to effectively to apply them.