- This event has passed.
Unpacking and programming the new K-10 PDHPE syllabus 2 day workshop – Broken Hill
August 15 @ 8:30 am - August 16 @ 3:30 pm$180.00 – $250.00
This is a two day workshop that will combine the Unpacking the K-10 PDHPE syllabus workshop originally scheduled for Term 2 and the Programming the new K-10 PDHPE syllabus workshop.
Day 1 of the workshop will be the Unpacking the PDHPE K-10 syllabus workshop.
Through this workshop, participants will:
- build familiarity with the syllabus key features
- reflect on existing practice and audit units of work to apply understandings of the propositions
- recognise the needs of students in PDHPE and plan for an evidence-based approach
- build familiarity with the PDHPE programming framework
- apply the framework and understanding of the syllabus to create units of learning using a collaborative approach.
Day 2 will be the Programming the new K-10 PDHPE syllabus workshop which will provide participants with the next steps for developing their new scope and sequences and PDHPE units of work ready for implementation in 2019 (Years 7 & 9 required, K-6 optional).
The workshops will be presented by Janice Atkin and ACHPER project officers throughout Term 3.
The workshop sessions are highly interactive and will step participants through the evidence-based programming process. By the end of the workshop participants will have developed a draft scope and sequence for a Stage and a evidence-based unit of work with formative assessment activities.
Spaces are limited so register early to avoid disappointment.