Work Type: Part-time (48 hours per fortnight or 0.6 FTE) December 2019 – December 2020
(contract extension available upon review)
Total remuneration Package: $77,200 – $99,466 (pro rata 0.6 FTE, including superannuation).
Contact: Tracy Puckeridge (02) 9787 5141 or email@example.com
Closing Date: 25th November, 11.59 pm
Organisation: The Australian Council for Health, Physical Education and Recreation (ACHPER) NSW
The Australian Council for Health, Physical Education and Recreation (ACHPER) is a national
professional association representing people who work in the areas of Health Education, Physical
Education, Recreation, Sport, Dance, Community Fitness or Movement Sciences. ACHPER NSW is a
membership based non-profit organisation, governed by a Volunteer Board comprising professionals from
educational and community sectors.
ACHPER is committed to programs and projects that are both commercial and educational. Funds
generated from such activities are used for further projects and member services.
ACHPER NSW provides ongoing support and professional development activities for teachers, students,
academics and others in Personal Development, Health and Physical Education throughout NSW. This
includes currently offering over 40 face to face workshops, K-6 Conferences, 7-10 Conference, Stage 6
Conference, HSC Enrichment Days, webinars and more recently online learning workshops and
resources to support subjects under the PDHPE KLA.
The role requires the services of an energetic person, with excellent leadership, communication and
professional learning skills to join a vibrant team culture. The Professional Learning Officer will build the
capacity of educators, schools and community agencies to support healthy and active living. Maintaining
strong links between the needs of the practicing teacher and evidence-based best practice professional
learning to support the delivery of high quality, relevant and accessible professional learning to encourage
optimal teacher and student outcomes across PDHPE in NSW.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery, development and recruitment of ACHPER
consultancy services across the education, health and sport sectors. As well as supporting the design,
development and implementation of ACHPER NSW Branch’s professional learning services and
Key Selection Criteria
1. Teaching qualifications and recent experience in implementing curriculum across the K-12 range.
2. Knowledge and understanding of K-12 PDHPE curriculum, Stage 6 Syllabus
3. Understanding of the professional learning needs of PDHPE teachers K-12 now and into the
5. Demonstrated capacity to plan, implement and evaluate innovative professional learning for
teachers and school networks.
6. Value other expertise, experience and points of view and listen with an open mind to be
able to work collaboratively.
7. Demonstrate the ability to think big picture and be able to break this down, deliver and
8. Demonstrated ability to incorporate ICT into the development of quality teaching and learning
materials and professional learning activities.
9. Proven ability to liaise with a range of stakeholders, work independently and collaboratively
10. Being able to effectively and collaboratively work in a team environment.
11. High-level interpersonal, communication and administration skills.
12. Probation period of 3 month this will need to be completed at the ACHPER NSW office in Campsie.
1. Contribute to the organisation’s ongoing critical knowledge and understanding of the values and
purpose of PDHPE.
2. Ensure the organisation remains current in its understanding and delivery of relevant, accessible
and best practice professional learning that is supported by quality resources, as directed by the
ACHPER NSW Executive Officer.
3. Oversee or project manage the development and maintenance of specific professional learning
services and resources as directed by the ACHPER NSW Executive Officer and Board.
4. Contribute to and support the evaluation, review and analysis of the professional learning
services and resources developed by ACHPER NSW Branch.
5. Provide expert advocacy and advice to a variety of relevant stakeholders.
6. Demonstrate how a concept to support teachers’ implementation of the syllabus could be broken down
and implemented as a workshop or professional learning experience.
Please email your application (maximum 2 pages, minimum font size 10) outlining your suitability for
this role against the key accountabilities 1 to 5 criteria.
Applicants who receive an interview invite will be asked to email a sample concept (Key
accountabilities #6) (max 3 pages) outlining how you would implement a concept supporting syllabus
implementation in professional learning to support teachers. This can be a single stage or multiple
stages. Please explain how this would be broken down from the concept to implementation.
Applications close by November 25, 2019. Applications not addressing the Key Selection Criteria
will not be considered. Please also indicate your availability to start.