POSITION VACANT: Social media and communications (Part-time)
Social Media and Communication Officer – Part-time position.
Do you have PDHPE experience? Do you enjoy using social media?
ACHPERNSW is a membership based non-profit organisation, governed by a Volunteer Board comprising professionals from educational and community sectors. ACHPER NSW is committed to programs and projects that are both commercial and educational. Funds generated from such activities are used for further projects and member services. The position reports directly to the Executive Officer and holds a significant role in ACHPER NSW in developing and implementing all communications efforts. The role includes a focus on promotion of ACHPER NSW and PDHPE, physical activity, sport, recreation and healthy lifestyle.
The role will develop and implement the communication strategies and ensure timely delivery of campaigns and marketing collateral through various electronic and traditional channels. This includes the ongoing development of our online presence and profile through compelling and engaging content. This position is key in continuing to ensure ACHPER NSW develops and maintains a strong brand and increased awareness amongst the education profession and broader community in NSW.
ACHPER NSW SERVICES
The 3 main areas of service are:
– Professional Development: ACHPER NSW provides online resources, professional development workshops and consultancy services to its members.
– Advocacy: ACHPER NSW works collaboratively with government and non-government organisations advocating and promoting active and healthy living.
– Networking: ACHPER NSW provides opportunities for people in various interest areas to meet, share ideas, network and develop relationships.
Your responsibilities are:
- Develop Social Media and Communications strategy for ACHPER NSW for 3 months and review monthly
- Post notifications and monitor Facebook & Twitter, twice per day Monday – Friday. Moderate comments where required
- Design and publish ACHPER NSW flyers and materials for the promotion of workshops and events
- Design and develop info graphics to support the promotion of various workshops and initiatives
- Assist with the promotion of any professional learning workshops and events
- Perform other duties where required.
Your hourly rate is $40/hour (including super) for 8 hours a week. This hourly rate will include your superannuation contribution.
If you wish to apply for the position please provide a one page CV outlining your skills and attributes for the position. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 31st August.