Designing Year 11 HMS unit plans – Surry Hills (Booked out)
February 13, 2024 @ 8:30 am - 3:30 pm AEDT$376.00
ACHPER NSW offers a comprehensive Stage 6 HMS professional learning program to help teachers.
Designing Year 11 HMS unit plans is a new one-day workshop co-designed and delivered by experienced teachers.
Join us to unpack the Year 11 HMS course structure and requirements. We’ll explore sample scope and sequence that model embedding skills into teaching and learning activities.
The workshop is practical, and you’ll start creating Year 11 Core 1 or Core 2 units of work using our new programming templates and resources.
Workshop sessions include:
- Syllabus assessment requirements and implications
- Teaching and learning activity considerations
- Model processes to embed skills outcomes into teaching and learning sequences
- Collaborative investigation scheduling options
- Sample depth studies.
Who should attend? Any PDHPE teachers interested in teaching the Stage 6 HMS course.
**This workshop is booked out**
Date: 13 February 2024
Venue: Teachers Federation House, Surry Hills
THE CO-DESIGN TEAM
Our new Stage 6 HMS professional learning has been co-designed by ACHPER NSW staff together with experienced and practising PDHPE teachers:
- Kyle Sutton, Head Teacher PDHPE and Languages, Merewether High School
- Lisa Bauer, Head Teacher PDHPE, James Ruse Agricultural High School
- Kelly Pfeiffer, Senior Education Officer, Teaching Quality and Impact, Department of Education
- James Muir, PDHPE teacher, Aurora Southern Highlands Steiner School
- Pam Williams, Head Teacher Administration, Lisarow High School
- Terrence Kwok, Relieving Head Teacher PDHPE, Sylvania High School
- Alex Walters, Director of Learning for Wellbeing, St Brigid’s Catholic College, Lake Munmorah
- Alex Lupton, Head Teacher Teacher and Learning, Heathcote High School
- Simon Board, Director PDHPE and Sport, International Grammar School
- Janice Atkin, Professional Learning Officer, ACHPER NSW
- Clare Roden, Professional Learning Support Officer, ACHPER NSW
Completing the Designing Year 11 HMS units workshop will contribute 5 hours of NESA elective PD in the priority area of delivery and assessment of NSW curriculum – addressing standard descriptors 2.3.2, 3.2.2 and 2.2.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.