Membership benefits and services
ACHPER offers members the ultimate benefit – the opportunity to contribute professionally through areas of focus in a range of educational and community settings.
Benefits of ACHPER membership for NSW members include:
- Discounts at all ACHPER NSW Workshops, seminars & conferences.
- Access to MEMBERS only discounts on the ACHPER NSW Website.
At a national level your ACHPER membership includes:
Advocacy & Representation
- Representation on State and National committees and Review Boards
- Given a voice at State and Federal Government Level
- Represented in industry dealings with government agencies, business and community leaders.
- Rub shoulders with like-minded colleagues at our bi-annual ACHPER International Conferences.
- Receive discounted member rates on ACHPER National conferences, seminars & workshops
Network & Community Building
- Network with peers & industry experts via member networking events.
- Join the discussion through ACHPER’s website, Social media and webinars.
- Gain access to members area of the International Council for Sport Science and Physical Education (ICSSPE) website.
- Opportunity to join the Health and Physical Education Research Special Interest Group email list (SIG)
- Receive electronic access to ACHPER’s tri-annual publications, the Asia Pacific Journal of Health, Sport & Physical Education and the Active and Healthy Magazine.
- Receive a e-monthly update.
- Access to ACHPER National members only restricted site where you will have access to articles, lesson plans and special offers and the online management of, and secure payment for your ACHPER membership.
- Receive discounts and special offers on all the latest health, sport, dance and physical education titles from ACHPER’s own specialist bookshop.
- Access to members area of the ICSSPE website
- Keep up to date on Health Education, Physical Education, Recreation, Sport and Dance,
- Community Fitness and Movement Sciences.
- Belonging to a strong professional body that lobbies to further the interests of our profession.
Member Categories & Fees
Full Membership – $140
- Graduates from tertiary institutions with qualifications in education, health, physical education, recreation, sport, dance, fitness, medicine, physiotherapy, human movement or any area acceptable to the Executive Committee of a Branch;
- Holders of a Fitness Leader, Personal Trainer or Diploma of Fitness Specialist (VET) or a recognised equivalent award;
- Holders of a Level 2 Coaching Award from the Australian Coaching Council or a recognised equivalent award;
Graduate 1st Year Membership – $80
- Open to all graduates that meet the course specifications of Full Membership who graduated in 2017
Graduate 2nd Year Membership – $110
- Open to all graduates that meet the course specification of Full Membership who graduated in 2016.
Student Membership – $50
- Full-time or part-time tertiary students studying either education, physical education, recreation, health, sport, dance, fitness, medicine, physiotherapy or human movement or any area acceptable to the Executive Committee of a Branch.
Retired/Non-Working Membership – $70
- Persons who meet the eligibility requirements for Full Membership and who are unemployed, retired or employed for less than 2.5 days per week.
Corporate Affiliation Membership – $330
- Corporations, organisations and associations which support the purpose and Objectives of ACHPER and whose employees are generally not eligible for individual membership of ACHPER.
- Schools are not eligible to apply as a Corporate Affiliation member.