The annual ACHPER NSW/ACT PDHPE Teacher Awards recognise high-quality health and physical education.
We’re looking for teachers and teams who are outstanding in their professional knowledge, practice, innovation and engagement in teaching PDHPE. Most of all, the Awards recognise those making a difference to health and physical education learning experiences and outcomes for students.
- Primary Teacher Award – health and physical education excellence by a primary school teacher.
- Secondary Teacher Award – health and physical education excellence by a secondary school teacher.
- Early Career Teacher Award – health and physical education excellence by a teacher in first five year of teaching.
- School Award – health and physical education excellence by a school faculty/group/team.
Nominations are closed for 2023
For all NSW and ACT teachers
Individual Teacher Awards
– ACHPER NSW Professional Learning voucher to the value $500
– ACHPER NSW 12 months membership
– RHSports teachers/coach’s survival pack
– RHSports NYDA Sports Equipment voucher valued at $500
– ACHPER NSW merchandise valued at $100
– RHSports teachers/coach/s survival pack
– All teachers and leaders in NSW and ACT primary and secondary schools
– Early Career Teacher Award – must be in first five years of teaching
– School Award – could be a faculty, department, group or equivalent, or whole school team.
– Excellence in health and physical education teaching
– Quality learning experiences and outcomes for students
Who can nominate?
You can self-nominate or nominate a colleague. Nominators should be teachers and leaders in NSW/ACT schools. All nominations must be endorsed by the School Principal.
- Complete the online nomination form. You will need to upload:
- A document with answers to 3 questions. This must be signed by the School Principal – signature only on document (no endorsement words or letter required).
- A photo
- Submit by the closing date: 18 August 2023.
Nominations will be assessed by a selection panel convened by ACHPER NSW. The panel will consider the Award criteria and information received in the nomination. If there are insufficient nominations in a category, the panel may choose not to award a winner.