ACHPER NSW is looking for an Office Coordinator.
This is a casual position – an 8 month casual appointment. There may be an opportunity for permanent part-time at the end of the appointment.
Work type: Casual position (20-32 hours per fortnight) extension available upon review
Total remuneration Package: $28.00 – $33ph (including superannuation) Payment range based on level of qualification and experience.
Contact: Tracy Puckeridge (02) 9787 5141 or email@example.com
Closing Date: 18th May 2022
Organisation: The Australian Council for Health, Physical Education and Recreation (ACHPER) NSW
ACHPER is a national professional association representing people who work in the areas of Health Education, Physical Education, Recreation, Sport, Dance, and Movement Sciences. ACHPER NSW is a membership based non-profit organisation, governed by a Volunteer Board comprising professionals from education and community sectors.
ACHPER is committed to programs and projects that are both commercial and educational. Funds generated from such activities are used for further projects and member services.
ACHPER NSW provides ongoing support and professional development activities for teachers, students, academics and others in Personal Development, Health and Physical Education throughout NSW and ACT.
About the role
This is an all-rounder office role. You will manage day to day aspects of the office environment and have great customer service skills.
Day-to-day, you will work with the Events and Conference coordinator and the CEO providing administration support. You will understand budgets and accounts. Be able to work by yourself or within a team environment. We have a strong work ethic embedded in a supportive culture. We believe in work life balance and support flexible working arrangements. You’ll be self-motivated and work well in a team environment. This role requires the services of a professional and energetic person, with excellent communication and time management skills. Project management skills would be advantages to join this vibrant team culture.
Coordination of the ACHPER NSW office including:
- Plan and update documentation as required.
- Provide support to the CEO and Conference & Events officer
- Understanding of budgets and accounting environment
- Update of policies and procedures
- Maintenance of Office equipment
- Maintain a register of staff and board contact and emergency contact details
- Provide support for Conference and workshops as required
- Provide support at Board meeting and functions when required
- Continually look to improve process within the current environment
- Quality assurance testing for any website changes
- Continually look at ways to improve user experience on the website
- Responsible for membership and reporting.
Qualifications, skills, and experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organisational, planning, and multi-tasking skills along with the ability to coordinate competing priorities
- High level written and verbal communication skills
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office Suite and Google suite is advantageous
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
- Familiarisation of member associations and/or non-profit organisations
- Ability to take on new responsibilities and see them through to completion
Please email your application (maximum 2 pages, minimum font size 10) outlining your suitability for this role.
Applications close 18th May 2022. Please also indicate your availability to start.
Email your application to Tracy Puckeridge (CEO, ACHPER NSW) firstname.lastname@example.org