ACHPER NSW conferences
Due to COVID-19 restrictions on gatherings, plans for our upcoming conferences have been put on hold until venues re-open and large gatherings are once again allowed.
More information will be posted on these links once dates and venues are confirmed moving forward.
ACHPER NSW runs workshops to support primary school teachers to deliver quality PDHPE and sport programs in their schools
ACHPER runs an annual conference to support teachers with the delivery of PDHPE, PASS and Child Studies in Years 7-10.
Stage 6 conference
ACHPER NSW's Stage 6 conference is the key professional development opportunity for teachers of Stage 6 PDHPE and CAFS.
Stage 6 Virtual conference 2020
2020 saw ACHPER NSW move the annual conference into the virtual space for the first time. It was a highly successful event and allowed us to record every session delivered. Watch Hayley Dean’s keynote that kicked off the conference.
Keynote address - Future Ready Learners (Hayley Dean)
Access the session recordings
Purchase access to the session recordings
- Applying energy systems to sports performance – James Muir
- Core 1 – Health of Young People – Kim Harper
- Exploring the principles of social justice – Michelle Maher
- Critical thinking for deep inquiry – Janice Atkin
- Core 1 – Health care in Australia – Janice Atkin
- Learning environment and stages of skill acquisition – Pam Williams
- Innovative ways to teach Research Methodologies through the IRP – Marie Bugge and Alex Kolding
- Social Impact of Technology – Sue Turnbull
- Investigating groups in context – Inequity and government policy and legislation – Rebecca May
- Resource management: Needs and wants and Maslow’s Hierarchy – Jackie Morrison
- Parenting and Caring – Social Parenting – Kelly Overhaul
- Purposeful assessment: What can it look like? Nick Mulvihill
- Building opportunities for collaboration into your teaching – Dominique Sidaros
- Teacher Wellbeing: Looking after yourself – Veronica Brogden
- Teaching creativity in Stage 6 – Brenda Doran-Higgins