Assessing Year 11 HMS – Surry Hills
April 8, 2024 @ 8:30 am - 3:30 pm AEST$376.00
ACHPER NSW offers a comprehensive Stage 6 HMS professional learning program to help teachers.
Assessing Year 11 HMS – is a new one-day workshop co-designed and delivered by ACHPER NSW staff and experienced teachers.
Join us to start designing your school assessment schedule. Explore key planning considerations including NESA’s school-based assessment requirements and task design that addresses weightings between skills, knowledge and outcomes
Examine ways to schedule depth studies and collaborative investigation to create teaching efficiencies and build in student choice.
Workshop sessions include:
- Unpacking the outcomes of the Year 11 HMS course
- Designing Year 11 school assessment tasks
- Designing processes for formative assessment in lessons
- Collaborative investigation and depth studies assessment considerations
- AI and assessment.
Who should attend? Any PDHPE teachers interested in teaching Stage 6 HMS course
Date: 8 April 2024
Venue: Teachers Federation House, Surry Hills
THE CO-DESIGN TEAM
All of our new Stage 6 HMS professional learning has been co-designed by an experienced team of practising teachers and experts:
- Kyle Sutton, Head Teacher PDHPE and Languages, Merewether High School
- Lisa Bauer, Head Teacher PDHPE, James Ruse Agricultural High School
- Kelly Pfeiffer, Senior Education Officer, Teaching Quality and Impact, Department of Education
- James Muir, PDHPE teacher, Aurora Southern Highlands Steiner School
- Pam Williams, Head Teacher Administration, Lisarow High School
- Terrence Kwok, Relieving Head Teacher PDHPE, Sylvania High School
- Alex Walters, Director of Learning for Wellbeing, St Brigid’s Catholic College, Lake Munmorah
- Alex Lupton, Head Teacher Teacher and Learning, Heathcote High School
- Simon Board, Director PDHPE and Sport, International Grammar School
- Janice Atkin, Professional Learning Officer, ACHPER NSW
- Clare Roden, Professional Learning Support Officer, ACHPER NSW
Janice Atkin, Professional Learning Officer, ACHPER NSW
Janice has worked as a PDHPE teacher, Head Teacher and curriculum consultant for 30 years. She has extensive experience with curriculum development in NSW, Australia and internationally, and recently managed the review of the Australian Curriculum: Health and Physical Education. Janice provides professional development, support and resources for departments, schools and teachers across Australia.
Clare Roden, Professional Learning Support Officer, ACHPER NSW
Clare has been a secondary PDHPE for 15 years, including head teacher for 11 years. She has sat on multiple curriculum and HSC advisory groups, and was a HSC marker for 8 years. Clare has been part of ACHPER NSW team for more than a decade as a presenter, vice president and board member. Clare is currently a sessional lecturer at the University of Wollongong and has presented widely on K-12 PDHPE and CAFS to teachers and schools across NSW.
Completing the Assessing Year 11 HMS workshop will contribute 5 hours of NESA elective PD in the priority area of delivery and assessment of NSW curriculum – addressing standard descriptors 2.3.2, 5.1.2 and 5.4.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.