Assessing Year 11 HMS – Tamworth
June 24, 2024 @ 8:30 am - 3:30 pm AEST$376.00
ACHPER NSW offers a comprehensive Stage 6 HMS professional learning program to help teachers.
Assessing Year 11 HMS – is a new one-day workshop co-designed and delivered by ACHPER NSW staff and experienced teachers.
Join us to start designing your school assessment schedule. Explore key planning considerations including NESA’s school-based assessment requirements and task design that addresses weightings between skills, knowledge and outcomes
Examine ways to schedule depth studies and collaborative investigation to create teaching efficiencies and build in student choice.
Workshop sessions include:
- Unpacking the outcomes of the Year 11 HMS course
- Designing Year 11 school assessment tasks
- Designing processes for formative assessment in lessons
- Collaborative investigation and depth studies assessment considerations
- AI and assessment.
Who should attend? Any PDHPE teachers interested in teaching Stage 6 HMS course
Date: 24 June 2024
Venue: Tamworth, venue TBC
THE CO-DESIGN TEAM
All of our new Stage 6 HMS professional learning has been co-designed by an experienced team of practising teachers and experts:
- Kyle Sutton, Head Teacher PDHPE and Languages, Merewether High School
- Lisa Bauer, Head Teacher PDHPE, James Ruse Agricultural High School
- Kelly Pfeiffer, Senior Education Officer, Teaching Quality and Impact, Department of Education
- James Muir, PDHPE teacher, Aurora Southern Highlands Steiner School
- Pam Williams, Head Teacher Administration, Lisarow High School
- Terrence Kwok, Relieving Head Teacher PDHPE, Sylvania High School
- Alex Walters, Director of Learning for Wellbeing, St Brigid’s Catholic College, Lake Munmorah
- Alex Lupton, Head Teacher Teacher and Learning, Heathcote High School
- Simon Board, Director PDHPE and Sport, International Grammar School
- Janice Atkin, Professional Learning Officer, ACHPER NSW
- Clare Roden, Professional Learning Support Officer, ACHPER NSW.
Completing the Assessing Year 11 HMS workshop will contribute 5 hours of NESA elective PD in the priority area of delivery and assessment of NSW curriculum – addressing standard descriptors 2.3.2, 5.1.2 and 5.4.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.