Designing Year 11 HMS unit plans – Hexham
March 12, 2024 @ 8:30 am - 3:30 pm AEDT$376.00
ACHPER NSW offers a comprehensive Stage 6 HMS professional learning program to help teachers.
Designing Year 11 HMS unit plans is a new one-day workshop co-designed with experienced teachers.
Join us to unpack the Year 11 HMS course structure and requirements. We’ll explore sample scope and sequence that model embedding skills into teaching and learning activities.
The workshop is practical, and you’ll start creating Year 11 Core 1 or Core 2 units of work using our new programming templates and resources.
Workshop sessions include:
- Syllabus assessment requirements and implications
- Teaching and learning activity considerations
- Model processes to embed skills outcomes into teaching and learning sequences
- Collaborative investigation scheduling options
- Sample depth studies.
Who should attend? Any PDHPE teachers interested in teaching Stage 6 HMS course
Date: 12 March 2024
Venue: Hexham Bowling Club, Hexham
Kyle Sutton, Head Teacher PDHPE and Languages, Merewether High School
Kyle has been a head teacher in Sydney and Newcastle for the past 7 years and has been an ACHPER NSW Board member since 2016. He has been a presenter for ACHPER NSW on curriculum and consulted with a range of stakeholders to promote teacher quality and professional learning.
Pam Williams, Head Teacher, Lisarow High School
Pam has been an educator for 30 years, with experience as Head Teacher PDHPE and Administration at various schools. Pam’s expert knowledge of PDHPE curriculum planning and syllabus has seen her lead and drive change across a wide range of initiatives. Pam firmly believes in the value of developing and nurturing relationships for effective teaching and learning.
THE CO-DESIGN TEAM
Our new Stage 6 HMS professional learning has been co-designed by ACHPER NSW staff together with experienced and practising PDHPE teachers:
- Kyle Sutton, Head Teacher PDHPE and Languages, Merewether High School
- Lisa Bauer, Head Teacher PDHPE, James Ruse Agricultural High School
- Kelly Pfeiffer, Senior Education Officer, Teaching Quality and Impact, Department of Education
- James Muir, PDHPE teacher, Aurora Southern Highlands Steiner School
- Pam Williams, Head Teacher Administration, Lisarow High School
- Terrence Kwok, Relieving Head Teacher PDHPE, Sylvania High School
- Alex Walters, Director of Learning for Wellbeing, St Brigid’s Catholic College, Lake Munmorah
- Alex Lupton, Head Teacher Teacher and Learning, Heathcote High School
- Simon Board, Director PDHPE and Sport, International Grammar School
- Janice Atkin, Professional Learning Officer, ACHPER NSW
- Clare Roden, Professional Learning Support Officer, ACHPER NSW.
Completing the Designing Year 11 HMS units workshop will contribute 5 hours of NESA elective PD in the priority area of delivery and assessment of NSW curriculum – addressing standard descriptors 2.3.2, 3.2.2 and 2.2.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.