- This event has passed.
HSC Enrichment Day PDHPE – in-person
June 28 @ 8:45 am - 2:30 pm AEST$50.00 – $376.00
Get better prepared at our HSC Enrichment Day for Year 12 students and teachers.
This one-day workshop was written by highly qualified PDHPE experts and includes a comprehensive booklet, with 70+ pages of revision work.
The day is a great opportunity to learn and revise outside the regular school and home setting. Presenters are experienced PDHPE teachers, who have taught and marked the HSC. They will guide you through quality lectures, activities and discussions.
The PDHPE Enrichment Day workshop will cover four sessions:
- Core 1 – social justice groups; priority population groups; the prevalence of condition; prevention for prevention and early intervention; cost to the individual and community.
- Core 2 – physiological strategies; hydration; neural strategies; tissue damage strategies; psychological strategies.
- Exam technique
- Choose either: Sports Medicine or Improving Performance*
*Only the most popular choice will be presented on the day. A recording of the alternate session will be provided to participants.
Who can attend?
- Year 12 students
- Stage 6 PDHPE teachers
Date: 28 June 2023
Venue: NSW Teachers Federation, Surry Hills
Meagan Gadd, Head Teacher PDHPE, Dapto High School
Meagan is a highly experienced PDHPE teacher who has been teaching the Stage 6 PDHPE course for 23 years. She is Head Teacher PDHPE and regularly mentors’ other teachers, both early career and experienced, in all aspects of teaching senior students. Meagan is passionate about senior PDHPE teaching, learning and assessment and has regularly presented professional learning and prepared resources at a local, regional and state level for various professional organisations. Her deep knowledge, experience and passion of quality teaching and learning underpins her practice and shines through in her presentations.
Natalie Auremi, PDHPE Teacher, Rouse Hill High School
Natalie is a highly experienced PDHPE teacher who has been teaching the Stage 6 PDHPE course for 10 years. She is a relieving Head Teacher PDHPE and regularly supports other teachers, both early career and experienced. Natalie is a dedicated & passionate Stage 6 PDHPE teacher who loves to drive her students to achieve their best possible marks in their HSC. Her love and passion for teaching Stage 6 is evident in her teaching and learning practices and her delivery of workshops and presentations.
There are 3 options for registration:
- Individual teacher
- Individual student
- Student group (for schools sending multiple students)
For schools registering student groups:
- $50 per student; accompanying teacher(s) are free
- When purchasing tickets below:
– Select the ticket option “student group”
– Indicate the number of students attending – do not include teachers (so you won’t be charged)
– At the checkout, you’ll be asked to provide details of teacher(s) attending
– You will not need to provide any students details (e.g.) during registration, only number attending.
Teachers: Completing the PDHPE HSC Enrichment Day will contribute 5 hours of NESA elective PD in the priority area of delivery and assessment of NSW curriculum – addressing standard descriptors 2.1.2, 2.2.2, 3.2.2, 5.1.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.