Improving student performance in Stage 6 – CAFS
June 18, 2024 @ 8:30 am - 3:30 pm AEST$376.00
Unlock the secrets to improving student performance in Stage 6 CAFS.
This workshop focus on HSC marking and judging process, understanding the performance standards, supporting students and quality practices and feedback.
There are 8 sessions:
- Understanding how standards are set
- Unpacking the standards to improve performance
- Supporting students to improve through explicit teaching
- Teaching critical thinking and analysis
- Providing quality practice and feedback
- Techniques for mastering multiple choice questions
- Practical strategies to support your students
- Where to from here?
Who should attend?
Ideal for experienced CAFS teachers who have been teaching the Stage 6 course for a number of years.
Date: 18 June 2023
Venue: NSW Teachers Federation Conference Centre, Surry Hills
Completing Improving Student Performance in Stage 6 CAFS will contribute 5 hours of NESA elective PD in the priority area of delivery and assessment of NSW curriculum – addressing standard descriptors 2.2.2, 5.2.2., 5.3.2, 6.2.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
What participants say
Here’s what participants find most beneficial about this workshop (from Nov 2021 workshop):
– “Multiple choice and short answer breakdown”
– “Practical activities to implement course content”
– “Feedback process”
– “Analysing responses – very practical and assisted in how to give feedback and support”
– “Understanding of the standard setting, judging and moderation process”
– “Teaching critical thinking and analysis”
– “Breaking down questions and planning responses”
– “Lots of practical strategies that I can implement straight away”