Leading Year 11 HMS Faculty Planning – online
March 1, 2024 @ 8:30 am - 3:30 pm AEDT$376.00
ACHPER NSW offers a comprehensive Stage 6 HMS professional learning program to help teachers.
Leading Year 11 HMS Faculty Planning – is a brand new one-day workshop co-designed with experienced teachers.
Join us to get on the front foot and start planning your Year 11 HMS program.
Using templates and resources, you will begin to create scope and sequence, unit frameworks for Core 1, Core 2 and collaborative investigations and assessment schedules.
Workshop sessions include:
- Syllabus assessment requirements and implications
- Scope and sequence considerations
- Assessment task and weighting model processes
- Collaborative investigations scheduling options
- Depth studies programming opportunities.
You will critique three sample programs and use them as the basis for creating your own school program.
Who should attend? PDHPE Head Teachers, Leaders of Learning, Heads of Department and PDHPE Coordinators
Date: 1 March 2024
Format: Live video conference (Zoom)
Simon Board, Head of PDHPE, International Grammar School
Simon Board is an educational specialist in the area of Personal Development, Health and Physical Education. Over 20 years he has led, developed and grown future-focused and collaborative PDHPE departments at numerous schools including St Aloysius College, Barker College, Loreto Kirribilli and Northern Beaches Christian School.
THE CO-DESIGN TEAM
Our new Stage 6 HMS professional learning has been co-designed by ACHPER NSW staff together with experienced and practising PDHPE teachers:
- Kyle Sutton, Head Teacher PDHPE and Languages, Merewether High School
- Lisa Bauer, Head Teacher PDHPE, James Ruse Agricultural High School
- Kelly Pfeiffer, Senior Education Officer, Teaching Quality and Impact, Department of Education
- James Muir, PDHPE teacher, Aurora Southern Highlands Steiner School
- Pam Williams, Head Teacher Administration, Lisarow High School
- Terrence Kwok, Relieving Head Teacher PDHPE, Sylvania High School
- Alex Walters, Director of Learning for Wellbeing, St Brigid’s Catholic College, Lake Munmorah
- Alex Lupton, Head Teacher Teacher and Learning, Heathcote High School
- Simon Board, Director PDHPE and Sport, International Grammar School
- Janice Atkin, Professional Learning Officer, ACHPER NSW
- Clare Roden, Professional Learning Support Officer, ACHPER NSW.
Completing the Leading Year 11 HMS Faculty Planning workshop will contribute 5 hours of NESA elective PD in the priority area of delivery and assessment of NSW curriculum – addressing standard descriptors 2.3.2, 6.3.2 and 2.2.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.