- This event has passed.
Leading Year 11 HMS Faculty Planning – Liverpool (Booked out)
September 11 @ 8:30 am - 3:30 pm AEST$376.00
The new Stage 6 HMS syllabus is now available. ACHPER NSW has a comprehensive professional learning program to help teachers.
Leading Year 11 HMS Faculty Planning – is a brand new one-day workshop co-designed with experienced teachers.
Join us to get on the front foot and start planning your Year 11 HMS program.
Using templates and resources, you will begin to create scope and sequence, unit frameworks for Core 1, Core 2 and collaborative investigations and assessment schedules.
Workshop sessions include:
- Syllabus assessment requirements and implications
- Scope and sequence considerations
- Assessment task and weighting model processes
- Collaborative investigations scheduling options
- Depth studies programming opportunities.
You will critique three sample programs and use them as the basis for creating your own school program.
Who should attend? PDHPE Head Teachers, Leaders of Learning, Heads of Department and PDHPE Coordinators
**This workshop is booked out**
Date: 11 September 2023
Venue: Liverpool Catholic Club, Prestons
OUR CO-DESIGN TEAM
All of our new Stage 6 HMS professional learning has been co-designed by an experienced team of practising teachers and experts:
- Kyle Sutton, Head Teacher PDHPE and Languages, Merewether High School
- Lisa Bauer, Head Teacher PDHPE, James Ruse Agricultural High School
- Kelly Pfeiffer, Senior Education Officer, Teaching Quality and Impact, Department of Education
- James Muir, PDHPE teacher, Aurora Southern Highlands Steiner School
- Pam Williams, Head Teacher Administration, Lisarow High School
- Terrence Kwok, Relieving Head Teacher PDHPE, Sylvania High School
- Alex Walters, Director of Learning for Wellbeing, St Brigid’s Catholic College, Lake Munmorah
- Alex Lupton, Head Teacher Teacher and Learning, Heathcote High School
- Simon Board, Director PDHPE and Sport, International Grammar School
- Janice Atkin, Professional Learning Officer, ACHPER NSW
- Clare Roden, Professional Learning Support Officer, ACHPER NSW
Janice Atkin, Professional Learning Officer, ACHPER NSW
Janice has worked as a PDHPE teacher, Head Teacher and curriculum consultant for 30 years. She has extensive experience with curriculum development in NSW, Australia and internationally, and recently managed the review of the Australian Curriculum: Health and Physical Education. Janice provides professional development, support and resources for departments, schools and teachers across Australia.
Clare Roden, Professional Learning Support Officer, ACHPER NSW
Clare has been a secondary PDHPE for 15 years, including head teacher for 11 years. She has sat on multiple curriculum and HSC advisory groups, and was a HSC marker for 8 years. Clare has been part of ACHPER NSW team for more than a decade as a presenter, vice president and board member. Clare is currently a sessional lecturer at the University of Wollongong and has presented widely on K-12 PDHPE and CAFS to teachers and schools across NSW.