- This event has passed.
HSC Enrichment Day PDHPE – online
July 26 @ 8:45 am - 2:30 pm AEST$50.00 – $376.00
Get better prepared at our HSC Enrichment Day for Year 12 students and teachers.
This one-day workshop was written by highly qualified PDHPE experts and includes a comprehensive booklet, with 70+ pages of revision work.
The day is a great opportunity to learn and revise outside the regular school and home setting. Presenters are experienced PDHPE teachers, who have taught and marked the HSC. They will guide you through quality lectures, activities and discussions.
The PDHPE Enrichment Day workshop will be presented via live video conference and cover four sessions:
- Core 1 – social justice groups; priority population groups; the prevalence of condition; prevention for prevention and early intervention; cost to the individual and community.
- Core 2 – physiological strategies; hydration; neural strategies; tissue damage strategies; psychological strategies.
- Exam technique
- Choose either: Sports Medicine or Improving Performance*
*Only the most popular choice will be presented on the day. A recording of the alternate session will be provided to participants.
Who can attend?
- Year 12 students
- Stage 6 PDHPE teachers
Date: 26 July 2023
Format: Live online, via Zoom
Pam Findlay, Head Teacher PDHPE, Eden Marine High School
Pam has over 30 years of experience teaching PDHPE, including 20 years as Head Teacher. Pam has been a PDHPE HSC marker, HSC judge and a senior marker. She has been active on syllabus development committees where her extensive expertise and deep knowledge of PDHPE curriculum has been recognised.
There are 3 options for registration:
- Individual teacher
- Individual student
- Student group (for schools sending multiple students)
For schools registering student groups:
- $50 per student; accompanying teacher(s) are free
- When purchasing tickets below:
– Select the ticket option “student group”
– Indicate the number of students attending – do not include teachers (so you won’t be charged)
– At the checkout, you’ll be asked to provide details of teacher(s) attending
– You will not need to provide any students details (e.g.) during registration, only number attending.
Completing the PDHPE HSC Enrichment Day will contribute 5 hours of NESA elective PD in the priority area of delivery and assessment of NSW curriculum – addressing standard descriptors 2.1.2, 2.2.2, 3.2.2, 5.1.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.