- This event has passed.
Leading Year 11 HMS Faculty Planning – Kingswood (Booked Out)
November 9 @ 8:30 am - 3:30 pm AEDT$376.00
The new Stage 6 HMS syllabus is now available. ACHPER NSW has a comprehensive professional learning program to help teachers.
Leading Year 11 HMS Faculty Planning – is a brand new one-day workshop co-designed with experienced teachers.
Join us to get on the front foot and start planning your Year 11 HMS program.
Using templates and resources, you will begin to create scope and sequence, unit frameworks for Core 1, Core 2 and collaborative investigations and assessment schedules.
Workshop sessions include:
- Syllabus assessment requirements and implications
- Scope and sequence considerations
- Assessment task and weighting model processes
- Collaborative investigations scheduling options
- Depth studies programming opportunities.
You will critique three sample programs and use them as the basis for creating your own school program.
Who should attend? PDHPE Head Teachers, Leaders of Learning, Heads of Department and PDHPE Coordinators
**This workshop is booked out**
Date: 9 November 2023
Venue: University of Western Sydney, Kingswood Campus
Clare Roden, Professional Learning Support Officer, ACHPER NSW
Clare has been a secondary PDHPE for 15 years, including head teacher for 11 years. She has sat on multiple curriculum and HSC advisory groups, and was a HSC marker for 8 years. Clare has been part of ACHPER NSW team for more than a decade as a presenter, vice president and board member. Clare is currently a sessional lecturer at the University of Wollongong and has presented widely on K-12 PDHPE and CAFS to teachers and schools across NSW.
THE CO-DESIGN TEAM
Our new Stage 6 HMS professional learning has been co-designed by ACHPER NSW staff together with experienced and practising PDHPE teachers:
- Kyle Sutton, Head Teacher PDHPE and Languages, Merewether High School
- Lisa Bauer, Head Teacher PDHPE, James Ruse Agricultural High School
- Kelly Pfeiffer, Senior Education Officer, Teaching Quality and Impact, Department of Education
- James Muir, PDHPE teacher, Aurora Southern Highlands Steiner School
- Pam Williams, Head Teacher Administration, Lisarow High School
- Terrence Kwok, Relieving Head Teacher PDHPE, Sylvania High School
- Alex Walters, Director of Learning for Wellbeing, St Brigid’s Catholic College, Lake Munmorah
- Alex Lupton, Head Teacher Teacher and Learning, Heathcote High School
- Simon Board, Director PDHPE and Sport, International Grammar School
- Janice Atkin, Professional Learning Officer, ACHPER NSW
- Clare Roden, Professional Learning Support Officer, ACHPER NSW.
Completing the Leading Year 11 HMS Faculty Planning workshop will contribute 5 hours of NESA elective PD in the priority area of delivery and assessment of NSW curriculum – addressing standard descriptors 2.3.2, 6.3.2 and 2.2.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.