Quality Assessment in CAFS
March 18, 2024 @ 8:30 am - 3:30 pm AEDT$376.00
Are you looking to review your current Community and Family Studies (CAFS) assessment processes and want some new ideas?
Assessment that allows all students to demonstrate their knowledge and understanding is vital.
Our one-day workshop will guide you through a modelled process to review your assessment practices and ensure you best support student achievement.
The session will cover:
- NESA requirements
- Principles of effective assessment in CAFS
- Assessment planning using performance band descriptors and outcomes
- Integrating formative practices for students’ summative tasks
- Writing clear marking criteria for assessments
- Guided critical analysis of current assessments
- Available resources and support.
Participants will collaborate with CAFS teachers across sectors to share ideas. A workbook of the modelled process will be provided to take back to school.
This is a brand new workshop co-designed with experienced CAFS teachers.
DATE: Monday 18 March 2024
VENUE: Teachers Federation House, Surry Hills
Completing the Quality Assessment in CAFS workshop will contribute 5 hours of NESA elective PD in the priority area of delivery and assessment of NSW curriculum – addressing standard descriptors 3.1.2, 5.1.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.