Reimagining Assessment in PE – North Ryde
August 18 @ 8:30 am - 3:30 pm AEST$376.00
Assessment is a vital part of the teaching process in PE, far more than a report grade.
Through assessment, we learn how students are progressing with skill development and movement understandings, and adjust PE programs accordingly.
But assessment can be difficult and teachers often ask:
- How do I fit assessment into lessons?
- How can I assess all students fairly?
- Are grades allocated to students truly reflective of their capabilities?
Our Reimagining Assessment in PE workshop will help you review your assessment processes, refocus the purpose of assessment and explore new approaches that provide quality feedback for teachers and students.
Co-designed by practicing PDHPE teachers and experts in physical education pedagogy, the workshop is evidence-based and informed by real-school experience.
We’ll examine the power of pedagogy in delivering and assessing engaging PE programs. Specifically, the pedagogical tools teachers can use to:
- facilitate greater levels of learning, engagement and development for students
- support consistent assessment of students’ achievement in PE across schools
- identify authentic opportunities for formative assessment of movement-based outcomes as part of the teaching and learning sequence
- efficiently collect evidence of learning that can be easily translated for reporting processes.
Who should attend?
This workshop will suit primary RFF or secondary PDHPE teachers.
Date: 18 August 2022
Venue: North Ryde RSL Community Club
This is a face-to-face interactive workshop that will proceed under Covid safe plans.
You are required to be fully vaccinated to attend ACHPER NSW in-person events. This event will be run to the Covid safe requirements of the venue. You may be asked to produce your vaccination certificate by the venue. We ask you to comply with the venue’s request or you may be refused entry.