Physical Activity and Sport Studies (PASS) self-paced course
In this self-paced course, participants will examine the elements involved in teaching PASS including programming, creating assessment tasks and practical experience options in line with the recently revised syllabus.
As a result of completing all modules of this courses, participants will be able to:
- deconstruct the revised PASS syllabus
- create assessment tasks for the PASS course
- program and structure their PASS scope and sequence
In order to gain the registered hours for this NESA accredited course, participants will be required to submit the following:
- draft scope and sequence
- draft assessment task
- draft unit of work
- list of resources that could support the delivery of their PASS program.
Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
Completing the PASS self paced course will contribute 10 hours of Elective PD addressing standard descriptors from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Australian Professional Teaching Standards:
- 2.2.2 Organise content into coherent, well-sequenced learning and teaching programs
- 2.3.2 Design and implement learning and teaching programs using knowledge of curriculum, assessment and reporting requirements.
- 5.1.2 Develop, select and use informal and formal, diagnostic, formative and summative assessment strategies to assess student learning.
- 6.3.2 Contribute to collegial discussions and apply constructive feedback from colleagues to improve professional knowledge and practice.
- 7.4.2 Participate in professional and community networks and forums to broaden knowledge and improve practice.